International Review of Economics Education (IREE)
An international peer-reviewed journal that promotes research into effective learning and teaching in economics in higher education
The International Review of Economics Education is published three times per calendar year by Elsevier. It was originally published by the Economics Network, which continues to maintain strong links with IREE and its editors.
- Journal content
- Instructions for authors
- Special issues: Online Teaching, Flipping the Classroom, Issues in Financial Literacy Education, Pluralism in Economics Education
- Editor-in-Chief: David McCausland (University of Aberdeen)
- Jimena González (Manhattan College)
- Julien Picault (University of British Columbia Okanagan)
- Steven Proud (University of Bristol)
- Jadrian Wooten (Pennsylvania State University)
- see full editorial board
Follow IREE on Twitter for updates from the editors (@IREE_Journal).
Best paper award
We are pleased to be able to announce that the International Review of Economics Education Best Paper Award for 2022 has been awarded to Daria Bottan, Douglas McKee, George Orlov and Anna McDougall for their paper on "Racial and gender achievement gaps in an economics classroom" published in volume 40.
-David McCausland, Editor in Chief
The 2022 Best Paper Award is being presented in a special online event on Thursday 5 October. You can sign up for free through this link.
The Best Paper Award for 2020 was awarded to Julien Picault for his paper on "The economic instructor’s toolbox" published in volume 30.
Past issues on this site
The journal was published electronically twice a year by the Economics Network between 2003 and 2013
- Volume 11, Issue 2, 2012
- Volume 11, Issue 1, 2012
- Volume 10, Issue 2, 2011
- Volume 10, Issue 1, 2011
- Volume 9, Issue 2, 2010 Special issue: Experimental Economics in the Classroom
- Volume 9, Issue 1, 2010
- Volume 8, Issue 2, 2009 Special issue: Pluralism in Economics Education
- Volume 8, Issue 1, 2009
- Volume 7, Issue 2, 2008
- Volume 7, Issue 1, 2008
- Volume 6, Issue 2, 2007
- Volume 6, Issue 1, 2007
- Volume 5, Issue 2, 2006
- Volume 5, Issue 1, 2006
- Volume 4, Issue 2, 2005
- Volume 4, Issue 1, 2005
- Volume 3, Issue 1, 2004
- Volume 2, Issue 1, 2003
- Volume 1, Issue 1, 2003
Computers in Higher Education Economics Review was published by the Economics Network until 2011, when it was incorporated into IREE. Issues of CHEER up to 2008 are archived on this site