About this site
This is one of the world's leading economics education sites, with nearly 7000 documents downloaded by human users each day.
We have signed up to the following statement of good practice, developed in conjunction with the rest of the Higher Education Academy:
- Pages on our site will have a clear, consistent structure that lets you find and use the content no matter whether you are using a graphical, text-only, speech browser, mobile device or even reading the page on a printout. Although we cannot guarantee a site will work on all past, present and future browsers, we aim to be usable with all current browsers and operating systems.
- Content on our site will have meaningful URLs and be bookmarkable. If we move or delete documents, the old URL will be redirected to a relevant part of the site.
- Our site will not break the controls on your web browser.
- Links will give you a reasonable idea of what will happen when you click on them, and warn you if it requires a large download or a helper application.
- We will regularly check for and replace broken links. Content that isn't marked as archived or given a definite date will be regularly checked.
- The document content of the site will be searchable in a way that supports multiple terms, phrases and combinations of terms. Search results will show you the location of each file and its relevance to your search terms.
- We will not hold personal information about you without your expressed permission.
- We will never show you a bare error message. If there is an error (e.g. incorrect password, mistyped link), you will be told what the problem is and what you can do next.
- We will not make content difficult to read with superfluous music or animation or intrusive advertising.
- When you use our site for a transaction, such as making a purchase or creating a personal account, it will be clear at which stage you are and what remains to be done.
We are constantly trying to keep this site to the above standard. If there is any way in which we are falling short, please contact the web site editor directly: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are merely reading this site, our system does not set cookies (small pieces of text on your computer which can be used to track you). However, we use Google Analytics, and as a result Google will set some cookies on your computer unless you opt out. If you want to opt out of being tracked by Google, you can do so by following these instructions.
If you visit a page with an embedded video, the video provider (usually YouTube) may set cookies on your computer.
Our home page has an embedded Twitter stream. Visiting this page might thus set a Twitter cookie on your computer. You can set what Twitter does with this information in Twitter account settings.
If you log in to one of our site's password-restricted services, our site will set a cookie on your computer to give you access so you don't have to enter the password each time you use the service. This cookie does not contain any more information about you than is needed to log in. Separate data protection statements appear on sign-up forms for those services.
- 26992 views