This guide has suggestions for
- The design of open days, conferences and other events for school students studying economics and/or thinking of studying economics at university. These could be held in a university, in a conference building or in schools themselves.
- Activities and games that can be played at such events, including downloadable materials.
- Statistics on A level and Scottish Higher Economics and Business Studies, and on students studying economics at university.
A site for prospective students, DiscoverEconomics is hosted by the Royal Economic Society. It includes a podcast called 'How did I get here?'. Through a series of conversations with economists who are working in a variety of different organisations, the podcast explores how these individuals chose to study economics and how they use the subject in their careers.
Finding university courses
- Economics courses listed on the UCAS site
- Findcourses.co.uk (search engine for university courses)
- Guardian University Guide
- The Uni Guide
- University Economics departments and staff lists
Visiting and applying
- University and college open days
- UCAS guides and resources for advisers
This site has links to general information applying to all subjects. It includes information about the UCAS tariff system and about different types of qualifications, for example international qualifications.
Introductions to economics
- 20857 views