Scotland Event on Education for Sustainable Development, June 2007
HE and Sustainable Development in Scotland: A Networking Event
13 June 2007, 10:00 to 16:00
In conjunction with the Scottish Funding Council (SFC) and the Environmental Association for Universities and Colleges (EAUC), the Higher Education Academy's Education for Sustainable Development (ESD) Project organized a one-day event for all those involved (or would like to be involved) in educating for sustainable development at degree level in Scotland.
Our keynote speaker was Jan Bebbington, Professor of Accounting and Sustainable Development in the School of Management at the University of St. Andrews and the Director of the St. Andrews Sustainability Institute. She is also Vice-Chair (Scotland) of the Sustainable Development Commission and has been an external advisor to the Scottish Cabinet Sub-Committee on Sustainable Scotland from 2002. Jan has extensive experience of educating for sustainable development, both within her own discipline of social and environmental accounting as well as in interdisciplinary settings.
Presentations are available from the following speakers:
- Professor Jan Bebbington, Educating for Sustainable Development (PPT)
- Dr Stephen Sterling, The Academy's ESD Project (PPT)
- Mr Roddy Yarr, Integrating SD at the University of St Andrews (PPT)
- Dr Simon Steiner, Embedding SD into the Curriculum: the Approach of the Engineering Subject Centre (PPT)
- Dr Roger Penlington, Perceptions of SD relating to Engineering Programmes (PDF)
- Dr Andrew Young, An 'Eco-House' Learning and Teaching Environment to Facilitate the Development of Sustainability Literacy (PPT)
- Dr Paul Adderley, Developing 'Sustainability Literacy' Cross-Discipline Resources
- Mr David Beards, ESD and the Scottish Funding Council (PPT)
- Ms Sheri-Leigh Miles, The Environmental Association for Universities and Colleges (PPT)
- 35 views