Assessment materials for Statistics in Economics
DeSTRESS project interactive questions
Created by Martin Greenhow and Abdulrahman Kamavi, Brunel University and released under a Creative Commons Attribution licence.
This is a set of 11 interactive tests, drawing randomly on over 400 question types, each of which produces thousands of different questions.
You can access these questions in two ways.
- They are part of the MathsEG online service, which you can configure via the teacher interface.
- The Downloadable version can run on a PC with Java (a free download). For detailed instructions, consult the METAL project.
- Notation and basics
- Measures of location
- Measures of dispersion - percentiles
- Measures of dispersion - variance and st.dev.
- Correlation and regression
- Discrete random distributions
- Normal distribution
- Binomial distribution
- Poisson distribution
University of Sussex
The below assessment questions and exercises are presented without answers.
- Class exercise 2
- Class exercise 3
- Class exercise 4
- Class exercise 5
- Class exercise 6
- Class exercise 7
- Class exercise 8
- Class exercise 9
Class exercises in Excel
Assessed coursework projects
- Project 1: The Relationship between Criminal Activity, Deterrence and the Unemployment Rate
- Project 2: The Determinants of Female Labour Force Participation in the USA
- Project 3: The Determinants of Household Poverty in the USA