Early Careers Workshop
This is an interactive two-day event for early careers staff focused on effective and innovative economics teaching.
Venue: University of Leeds Business School
Date: 6th & 7th April 2017
About the workshop
The workshop is endorsed by both the Royal Economic Society and Scottish Economic Society and sessions are mapped against the UK Professional Standards Framework.
Sessions at the workshop include:
- Making large group teaching more engaging
- Using games and the media in teaching
- Voice and presence in the classroom (with a Royal Shakespeare Company trained actor)
- Teaching interpretative sessions
- Teaching analytical sessions
This is a comprehensive two day workshop and as a result attendees are expected to attend both days.
There will be a workshop dinner at 7pm on Thursday 6th April. This is a valuable opportunity to network with new lecturers from other departments and to discuss your teaching and academic careers informally with the presenters.
Delegates from departments that subscribe to the Economics Network are offered a discounted rate. Check our supporters page to find out if your department subscribes.