The Economics Network aims to enhance the quality of learning and teaching throughout the higher education economics community.
"By providing additional support to lecturers and students alike, [the Economics Network] plays an invaluable role in furthering the university study of economics.” - Charlie Bean, Deputy Governor of the Bank of England
Some of the benefits for subscribers:
- Priority access, booking and prices for all Network events, including free workshops for early careers academics, the Developments in Economics Education conference and thematic one day conferences.
- Advice, support and consultancy for internal departmental workshops and away days.
- Liaison with subscribing institutions' central training programmes to negotiate part exemption for individuals' attending the Network's early careers workshops.
- Opportunities to take part in Network research activities, e.g. our current two-year collaborative research project on students' expectations and behaviour under the new funding regime.
- Join our community in promoting economics as a discipline including:
- encouraging the study of economics;
- discussing and critically reviewing economics curricula.