5. Assessment strategies
In principle any type of assessment could be used on the modules discussed above. Like all forms of assessment, whatever is set should assess:
- the ability to structure an answer,
- writing and other stylistic features,
- ability to gather evidence and
- essay writing skills.
However, some specific elements of the heterodox perspectives discussed above should be assessed:
- the ability to establish a position and offer an opinion supported by some evidence, be it theoretical or empirical;
- evidence of having considered power;
- the ability to compare perspectives;
- evidence of having thought about method.