Call for Proposals for DEE 2017
The Economics Network is pleased to announce that it will be holding its biennial international Developments in Economics Education conference at University College, London on Wednesday 6th to Friday 8th September 2017.
DEE 2017 session proposals should focus on research or practice in economics education and can be one of the following:
- Papers - Paper sessions will last 30 minutes (to include 5 or 10 minutes for questions). If your submission is accepted, we also encourage you to submit a full paper to the International Review of Economics Education .
- Interactive workshops - The interactive workshop sessions will be 45 minutes long and place an emphasis on discussion and group activities over presentation (i.e. presentations should last no longer than 10 minutes in total).
- Posters - Posters will be on display throughout the conference. Detailed guidelines for poster production will be sent to those who have a poster accepted.
We will have streams within the conference on two main themes:
- Students as researchers
- Students as communicators
We also welcome submissions on any other topic relating to advancements and innovation in economics education, for example:
- Recent changes in higher education and the impact on economics education
- Engaging and motivating students
- Inclusivity and diversity
- Developing student skills and employability
- Curriculum structure, content and reform
- Teaching mathematics and statistics
- Using narrative in teaching
- Assessment and feedback
- Classroom experiments and games
- Problem-based learning and case studies
- Pedagogical research in economics
We would like to include a session on innovative use of video, going beyond lecture capture or screencast. You are welcome to propose a poster describing how you create the video(s) and how they are used in teaching.